DFID is the United Kingdom’s Department for International Development, leading the UK government’s fight against global poverty. It is the primary donor for the mTrac initiative, providing funding to the implementing organisations since mid-2011.
In Uganda, DFID’s top priorities include:
- Improving the quality of essential services, especially for the most vulnerable
- Supporting the recovery in northern Uganda
- Improving maternal and reproductive health
- Driving growth through training, job creation, financial services and trade
- Improving government accountability and transparency so that future oil revenues are spent effectively
DFID will spend an average of £89 million per year in Uganda through 2015.